Of the hundreds of entrepreneurs that I’ve worked with one of the biggest obstacles I see that prevents them (and all of us really) from making more money is because they lack two things – clarity and a willingness to take action now.
Does this seem familiar to you too?
Clarity - Do you know EXACTLY what you want, and most importantly, WHY?
Before I can show anyone where they are leaking money (both personally and professionally), I start by asking where there is the biggest potential leak, “What do you want?”
Ironically, most don’t really know. They usually know what they don’t want, which, keeps them getting more of what they don’t want. A recently divorced person tends to focus on not marrying the same type of person. However, they usually end up marrying the same person because they are so focused on not marrying that kind of "insert favorite adjective" again.
Therefore, they feel stuck in a vicious rat race.
Write down what it is you really want, not what you don't want!
Taking Action - Once you're clear on what you want, are you willing to do what it takes? Are you sure? Are you REALLY sure?
For instance, as I help entrepreneurs get clear how they are losing money (overpaying taxes, missed income opportunities, paying too much for debt, etc.), the true test begins. I would ask you the same questions....
- Are you willing to call my accountant to have their taxes done right, or do you seem to care more for your accountant than your own family?
- Will you increase their fees or start that new product/service, or are you procrastinating (but only until tomorrow)? ;)
- Will you follow my advice to get your loan payments down, even if you got a “no” initially? By the way, this happens a lot and many won't keep trying.
- Are you committed to invest only 30-60 minutes to keep your finances in order and save yourself thousands?
- What are you willing to do or exchange to get more out of your life?
Knowledge isn’t power. Properly applied knowledge is power. We, as entrepreneurs tend to over-think things or make it more complex than it needs to be. Like Nike’s old motto, sometimes it’s better to “just do it.”
Simply put, when you know what to do, go do it right now!
***Get instant access to the Thrive Mastery Book (business tips from 25 successful small business owners, including yours truly), plus additional trainings FOR FREE! - http://bit.ly/XtgUTn Get it now!