Have you ever felt like you're a chicken with your head cut off?
Have you ever wondered how you can get more done in less time?
And how would you like to come up with some of the most inspired ideas in your business that could solve a lot of your money problems and generate wealth for you?
If so, then taking time to meditate is essential to gaining this control in your life.
I used to think meditation was a waste of time. I would roll my eyes whenever someone would recommend this. I used to say, "I don't have time to just sit around! What does this do with me getting results and making money? Isn't praying the same thing? Plus, I could never cross my legs like that!"
However, when I started to learn from different people the purpose of meditation and how to do it, I realized that there are several ways you can go about doing this.
I believe the best benefit of meditation is being able to quiet your mind and get it working more productively. If you ever feel "scattered," then meditation will be a HUGE benefit to you. If you ever have too many ideas swimming in your brain, meditation is a necessity!
Having the fastest car doesn't mean you will get anywhere if you're just going in circles. It's taking control of the wheel and driving it with full purpose towards a destination.
Meditation is not prayer, but can be enhanced by prayer. Meditation is different than focusing on your vision, although that can be part of it. It's completely clearing your mind. I personally believe in doing BOTH, clear mind first, vision second.
I'm not going to create a comprehensive list, but I will briefly teach some techniques that worked for me. Here are just a few tips to help you in this journey....
Tips for clearing your mind:
1. Be okay when thoughts do enter. If you constantly keep telling yourself "no thoughts, no thoughts..." you're going to have thoughts come in naturally. Instead, love the thought that came in and let it pass thru the other door. This will save you tons of frustration!
2. Try the mantra from Psalms in the New Testament of the Bible, "Be still and know that I am God." This is great on those days when you NEED peace. However, when doing this, take one or two words away each time. For example, after that first phrase say, "Be still and know that I AM." Then, "Be still and know that." Followed by "Be still and know." Next is "Be still." And finally "Be. Be. Be. Be." Then be quiet. You'll notice that your mind clears out very nicely.
3. Sometimes my meditation is best right after a good workout. When I'm breathing hard, I can't think anyways, right? ;) So I'll focus on my breathing. It's amazing how a good workout can quiet the mind!
4. You can watch a candle flame. Have you ever found yourself zoning out looking at a campfire? Same concept. Zone out watching a candle flicker and you'll notice that it's quite easy to clear your mind.
5. And finally, you can use programs, like Holosync, where they have their own "music" that helps you get into that state. I have found myself somewhere between sleep and awake, and then "snapping out of it" right when the audio ends. Very refreshing and puts you in a great state of creation.
At this point, you can focus on your vision (Ideal Life) or whatever you want to call it. It will happen with much greater power when BOTH are used. Meditation first, vision second.
Your meditation may only be a few minutes, and that's fine. Quality is better than quantity when it comes to the amount of time you use in meditation. Even a few minutes each day can make a vast difference in your results!